Thursday, October 17, 2013

Plitvice Lakes National Park

In China, many people know that there is a famous tourist attraction of Croatia in the Southern Europe which is very similar to Jiuzhaigou, both from the aspects of the scenery and the geologic structures. Yes, it is Plitvice Lakes National Park! Because the corresponding Chinese is very long and hard to pronounce, people just call it “the Sixteen Lakes National Park” just as the name implies. In China, it is often referred as “European Jiuzhaigou” by many travel agencies to draw more attentions. I have never been to the two places yet maybe I will compare in the future. :-) I only know the Plitvice Lakes National Park was added to the UNESCO World Heritage register among the first natural sites worldwide in 1979, 13 years earlier than that of Jiuzhaigou. This time I have to thank Jasmin from Bosnia who visited Plitvice and sent me a nice card from there (the postmark reads “Plitvička jezera” which is the municipality the park located in). Also many thanks to Antonella for sending me another beautiful card from her town Rijeka, the third largest city of Croatia.

No comments:

Post a Comment